CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

This Is What Love Sounds Like


Monday, May 4, 2009

Almost One!

I cannot believe my little Patootie is almost a year old! I don't know where the time has gone! She's such a little big girl. That's what I call her...my little big girl. Noelle has decided that she will stand and walk when she's good and ready, and not a moment sooner. She has also decided that her mouth is just fine without teeth. LOL! She will stand for split seconds and the moment she realizes no one is supporting her, she sits down...kinda like riding a bike, eh? LOL!

She has a blossoming vocabulary...she will say Mama, Dada, ba-ba (aka...butt-butt, thanks to daddy), e ga? (it's gone = when she drops something), oh and of course her favorite "Hi!". LOL!

She's eating pretty much anything we eat, but will only eat it off our plates, so eating's quite a challenge.

Her eczema flaired up in the last heat wave and she has a horrible heat rash on her neck...she scratches it so much and even broke the skin on the back of her neck. Ouch! I feel so bad for her. I try to keep it moisturized, and last Friday, I even gave her a mineral oil treatment...I rubbed her down from head to toe in mineral oil, and let her marinate (LOL!) for about 20 minutes. While she was marinating, I sat her in her walker so I could wash dishes and get her bath water ready. Well, Miss Noelle was not liking that, and decided to shout her protest to the heavens. LOL!



I think she was having a very bad day on Friday, because this is what happened when I wouldn't let her play with the powder.




I tell you...I love my boo-boo! She's so wonderful! I just hate that she's almost one already, but I know the best is yet to come!

0 comments: